September 7, 2023
Meeting called to order at 8:30am by Andrea.
Present: Andrea Rackl, Michael Hannon, Eva Sauve, Dorie Blue, Kaitlyn Ronstadt, Nathan Campbell
Minutes reviewed from April 6th Board Meeting. Dorie moves to pass, Kaitlyn seconds.
Meeting Programs: Eva discusses possible programs for monthly meetings.
- September is the only one set for the year.
- October and November need programs.
- Possible topics for programs include:
- Alexander Technique
- Music Olympics
- Female Composers
- How to make lessons inspiring
- Discussion on whether to offer Brian and Lisa a stipend for presenting a program.
- Possibly $50
Masterclass: Discussion on Kim’s proposal for the masterclass and decided $150/hr is too much
- It was decided to ask her to find someone who will do it for around $100/hr
Chapter Committees: Andrea confirms the selection of chairs for each committee.
Treasurers Report: Michael presents an overview of the proposed budget.
- Lost one Advertiser
- Master Class budget increased
- No more yearbooks
- WSMTA Basket removed from budget
- Forgot to place out a collection basket for donations at the last Honor’s Recital
- Move $100 from Publicity to Website
Halloween Recital: Rabia joins meeting to discuss Halloween recital acting as a benefit concert for the Nancy Heyer Fund.
- Possibility of a few teachers performing as a way to encourage donations
- Rabia will poll teachers to gage interest, both for students and teachers
- Teachers will register students
Workshop: Eva discusses workshop ideas.
- “Self-Care for Pianists” to be booked for next fall
Vote on Proposed Budget: Andrea leads vote to pass the proposed budget of $5,177.00 of both income and expenses.
- Budget is passed unanimously
Meeting concludes at 9:32am
Submitted respectfully by Nathan Campbell