September 2023 General Meeting Minutes
September 21, 2023
Meeting called to order at 10:23 by Andrea
Present: Andrea Rackl, Michael Hannon, Eva Sauve, Dorie Guidon, Kaitlyn Ronstadt, Nathan Campbell, Vanessa Ellis, Rabia Magnusson, Debra Chang, Spencer Rank, Chad Nuckles-Flinn, Karen Nuckles-Flinn
Description of BMTA, WSMTA, and MTNA offerings.
- Chapter Meetings (Once a month throughout the school year. Opportunity to connect with local teachers and discus business)
- District Conference (October 7th, at Marysville Methodist Church (9:00am-5:00pm) Mind, Body Soul in the conference theme
- WSMTA (Offers Conferences)
- MTNA (Offers Conferences and provides support and resources to music teachers)
- Chapter Recitals
- October 29th at 3:00pm: Halloween Scholarship Benefit
- February 3rd at 3:00pm: Register online by 1/27
- Senior Awards
- Keyboard Music Artistry Program (MAP)
- Honors Recital
- Chapter Piano Competition
- Music Olympics (WSMTA’s Music Literacy Program)
- October 29th Lisa Toner: Alexander Techniques
Get up, Get Exploring: Information distributed on MTNA and the WSMTA
The April 2023 General Meeting Minutes were approved.
Reminder that all committee members should put all relevant information on the website and send out timely email reminders.
Halloween recital discussion: QR code should be added to program for easy donation. 2:30 is check-in. Recital starts at 3 pm. Deadline to register students in 10/22
Discussion time - expectations/instructions around practicing
Meeting adjourned at 12:02 pm
September 7, 2023
Meeting called to order at 8:30am by Andrea.
Present: Andrea Rackl, Michael Hannon, Eva Sauve, Dorie Blue, Kaitlyn Ronstadt, Nathan Campbell
Minutes reviewed from April 6th Board Meeting. Dorie moves to pass, Kaitlyn seconds.
Meeting Programs: Eva discusses possible programs for monthly meetings.
- September is the only one set for the year.
- October and November need programs.
- Possible topics for programs include:
- Alexander Technique
- Music Olympics
- Female Composers
- How to make lessons inspiring
- Discussion on whether to offer Brian and Lisa a stipend for presenting a program.
- Possibly $50
Masterclass: Discussion on Kim’s proposal for the masterclass and decided $150/hr is too much
- It was decided to ask her to find someone who will do it for around $100/hr
Chapter Committees: Andrea confirms the selection of chairs for each committee.
Treasurers Report: Michael presents an overview of the proposed budget.
- Lost one Advertiser
- Master Class budget increased
- No more yearbooks
- WSMTA Basket removed from budget
- Forgot to place out a collection basket for donations at the last Honor’s Recital
- Move $100 from Publicity to Website
Halloween Recital: Rabia joins meeting to discuss Halloween recital acting as a benefit concert for the Nancy Heyer Fund.
- Possibility of a few teachers performing as a way to encourage donations
- Rabia will poll teachers to gage interest, both for students and teachers
- Teachers will register students
Workshop: Eva discusses workshop ideas.
- “Self-Care for Pianists” to be booked for next fall
Vote on Proposed Budget: Andrea leads vote to pass the proposed budget of $5,177.00 of both income and expenses.
- Budget is passed unanimously
Meeting concludes at 9:32am
Submitted respectfully by Nathan Campbell